Thursday 10 July 2014

Introduction

This blog is about my experiences in modelling an n gauge model railway. For a long time I have wanted to model British steam locomotives, and for the last two months that idea has been steadily gaining strength. And then my visit to Aurora Trains moved the idea into action, I saw two British Rail Mark 1 coaches in the crimson and cream livery and knew I must have them. From there I have expanded the coaches up to a rake of six coaches and purchased a Graham Farish n gauge A1 Tornado.


Video footage of the train in operation, this was taken after the locomotives one hour burn in for each direction.

The current idea for the layout is a country town terminating station with a freight yard and a spur/branch line to a colliery. This idea will change as I am still researching about country towns, their railways and industry.
I am already working on an Arduino for the generation of the DCC signal by using the CmdrArduino Arduino library. To continue I need to make some test equipment, such as a DCC monitor and a simple oscilloscope (plenty of Arduino oscilloscope projects), currently waiting on parts to arrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment